Sunday, June 13, 2010

Letting Her Go







Ali graduated from Hillcrest on June 2, 2010.
She graduated with honors and was radiant and beautiful.
Both mom and dad and Rog and Carole came.
It was a long, but really fun night.

It was a night of reminiscing and remembering the past High School years.

But today is a new day. Today we are looking ahead.

On Thursday morning Ali is going to leave us.
She will fly away to Europe for 6 weeks.

The longest we have EVER been apart was for 4 days at Cheer Camp and 4 days at Girls Camp.

Neither experience went well....for either of us.

But we are 2 years older and more experienced now(!), and Ali is ready to go.

I know I have to let her go.

Even now, as I sit at my computer, she is downstairs fighting and laughing....laughing HARD with (or at) Bray and Matt. It is a typical Sunday evening.

My irrational mind worries too much and I have to fight to remember that this is NORMAL. Our kids leave.

But why did it have to happen so soon?

Where did the time go?

We have to let her go.

5 comments:

tawny said...

omg, that post made me cry?!?!

Where does time go??? Ali can't be ready to move on out! I remember the night you had her...I remember Ali at the age of 6 and then 12 and 16! Now she is a graduate and moving OUT! WE love Ali and she is such an amazing example to everybody..especially Ashlyn! I hope Ash will turn out just like Ali when she is older.

GOod luck with all the new adventures...Europe, BYU, moving out!!! xoxo

Kristin said...

WOW! I can't believe that this is really happening. When I joined the family, Ali was barely getting baptized.....Misty, you are an AMAZING mom and do so much for your kids! I hope, hope, hope that I am as close to my kids as you are when they get older.

Amber said...

I loved the pictures, but that is so sad. I never want my kids to get old enought to leave.
Ali is going to love Europe and she will have an amazing experience. Love that girl!!

Ali said...

Aw... mommy! :( Don't make me cry... It is so weird that I am finally to this time in my life; I never knew it would happen so fast. But even though I'm moving away and growing up, you'll always be my mom AND my best friend. We'll always be close. Love you!

Em said...

Misty- you are a great mom and Ali is a beautiful, talented, and smart girl. We will try to take very good care of her. Thanks for letting her come out here- we can't wait.