Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Been Awhile

Well....I haven't posted in a while because I haven't been able to find my camera. The last time I remember having it was when I caught Trey and Dax taking pictures. There were over 110 new pictures and they were of the most random things! Light switches, walls, the carpet, doors, their noses REALLY close up etc.... I grabbed it and said NO! I showed the pic's to Big B that night. "Mist, do you think something is wrong with our kids? Like seriously, are our kids are mentally disturbed?" I just answered, "probably." Anyhoo, I haven't seen my camera since that day.

However,
life has gone on.

We went camping at Scoffield over Memorial Day Weekend and it was definetly memorable. Cole shot two potguts and Trey (thinks) he shot a bird. He was "shooting" with one of those Bic lighters that are long and you start fires with. It was really B shooting at the exact same time with a REAL gun. Brayden shot the 30-Ot Shotgun, and REALLY wants one for his birthday. Matt finally shot the 30-Ot without it kicking him back too far. Last time his shoulder hurt for a week. Me and Ali steered clear and played Uno and Speed and thought of happier times.
Times where there is no rain and no mud and no smoke and no dead birds with their heads blown off and no ...oh wait when there IS a freakin toilet to sit on!

7 comments:

Amber said...

You can still blog without a camera. I love to hear your adventures, especially with Trax! They make me laugh.

Penny said...

I agree, your writing is quite lovely enough even without a camera. Your droll sense of humor made me laugh. As a mom of so many BOYS I loved the description of you and Al just all holed up in a tent dreamin of mom and daughter days. But your boys will not forget that you were there. i am glad you went, actually I think that it all sounds quite awesome except for the lost camera! (Of course, anything or any place to me, right now, seems pretty awesome.)

Brooke said...

Oh, mom's comment makes me a little sad :(. Any hoo. I'm glad you had Ali to escape and play Speed and sneak away for a bit!

Always be grateful for your beautiful daughter. She is one of a kind. It was fun to hear about your adventure! Sounds crazy. A little like John's family outings. Weird.

brie said...

at least your twins didn't take pics of their private parts! then they really WOULD be mentally disturbed!

glad you survived the camping trip, seriously, i bet 5 bucks you wouldn't make it...!

Kimberly W said...

I can't believe you willingly went back to Scofield. I still have bad memories of girls camp: port-a-nasties, freezing cold nights, dirt, bugs, no running water. YUCK!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought for a few minutes that I would be sad that I wasn't there. But your post sure changed that!!

We'll go again in July and there will be NO mud, and LOTS of girls!!

Misty said...

We ARE going in July...and lindsey you better come or I don't think I can do it again!

and Kim.....I know! We drove right past the turnoff to Girls Camp and all the memories came flooding back! As terrible as it was, i still had fun!