Thursday, July 9, 2009

They're Back!






Our joy was full on Monday Morning, June 29th.
Dad and Mom returned from serving as Mission Presidents over the Utah South Mission. It had been three years.
A little after noon, almost EVERY single grandkid lined the streets of Bluejay lane. Each one was holding a poster and had yellow balloons. The anticipation was high.
We had waited a long time for this!

The red jeep started up the hill. Dax and Trey and all the cousins started running after the car and it was funny because mom was filming everything out her window as they were driving. By the time they got out of the car, all of us were there and they were pretty much attacked. We have missed them!

And even though they've only been in Provo, they have never really been home. It is time. We love them and want them in our lives!

I, personally am very proud of both of them and for the amazing job they did. The missionary's were lucky to have them.
I remember that bleak day in November when mom told me that they had been called. I started bawling and said, "Mom, do you realize how much you are going to miss? You are going to miss Ali's first Prom and Brayden's big games, and how will I ever raise the Trax without you?"
Mom cried too, and dad might have had secret tears, but all is well.
They are home. They are finally back!
We love you.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I remember that Thanksgiving day. It was really awful wasn't it.

Ahhhh...but, like you said, they are home now after a LONG three years! It was so fun to watch all the kids line the streets. What a day to remember :)

Penny said...

I, too, will always remember that wonderful day. I would like copies of the pics as I was too busy hugging or being in the;m to take them. You are the best daughters ever. Thanks for caring about us and that we are home. I can't wait to just hang out with you with nothing else on my mind or no where to go but enjoy the moment. The mission was wonderful but I am so happy to be truly home. Thanks for helping me through the three years and for keeping our memories alive with your kids.

tawny said...

Geez 3 years! wow. Your words reminded me of that fateful Thanksgiving day...I love the part about dad's secret tears!!!

yay, they are home. That day will burn in our memories forever...cute grandkids so happy, yellow balloons, such a great day!!!!!