Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Where did it go?










I think that because I am in the....RAISING KID STAGE of life, that I sometimes get wierded out by how fast things seem to happen. It is crazy how quickly time passes. As adults, we don't actually SEE changes, even if they ARE happenning somewhere in our aging process. Weren't these moments just yesterday? Where does the time go? One of my dearest friends told me, "The days go slow but the years go fast."
Oh so true!
Yesterday, I had all my kids around me all the time. I used to just pray they would go play and get out of my hair for an hour or two,
Today....
Ali is teaching a Cheer workshop at Xcite
Brayden left for Youth Conference with our OLD Stake
Matt is just leaving to go fishing
Cole is having Need for Speed marathon with Austin. They seriously need to breathe!

and OK, yes, Trax is here, at this moment by my side, asking for "Hotmeal" for breakfast.

I am lucky. I am blessed. I actully KNOW these are the good times......but it took be a bit to figure it out.

4 comments:

tawny said...

Ahhhh so sweet!!!!!! LOved the post and the pictures. Took me down memory Monsen Lane. Your fam is so cute, always has been.

And I so agree with you, WHERE does the time go???? It makes me sad to really think about them growing up. And I do think us sista's are in the best phase of raising all the cuz's together! I love it and so do the kids. So let's remember all the fun happy times and keep bloggin so we can always remember.

btw, love the pic with you and all your kids around you! so adorable.

C you at Hillcrest. noon sharp.

xoxo

Brooke said...

You definitely had a "blue" moment! I'm so proud...big sis! I loved that post. It is sooo true. Before I know it, my kids will be Bray and Matt.

That is so crazy. I can't even imagine. But, then, ten years ago, I couldn't imagine myself 28 years old with 2 kids either. Time flies, but so slow every day. So true.

Agree with everything you said. Thanks for the reminder of how sweet life is :)

Penny said...

Don't even let me get started. Time definitely gets going too fast and all too soon, so much is over but the memories are great and the loved ones just keep multiplying and so nothing is really lost but the incredible need that your kids had for you. That changes to a sweet and lasting friendship. I do love it now but at times miss the good ole days.

Amber said...

Your pictures are so cute. I remeber matt's blonde stage and Ali looked so young. Cute of Coley and his chubby cheeks. It has gone fast, I remeber Quinn and Coley going to pat's together-- time flies.