Friday, March 12, 2010






CHANGE.

I used to ba a fan.
Now it just makes me sad.
Everything is changing and it seems impossible to stop.

Ali will leave to college.
Brandon will leave to Afganistan.
The twins will go to school.....(maybe an ok change...haha?)
Tawny will leave.
Brooke will be moving on.

I used to love change.
Change was exciting and change was an adventure.

Now I hate it.

I wish it would just leave me alone.

5 comments:

Em said...

Misty-

Sometimes change is a real bummer.Good luck with all the change in your life.

tawny said...

Hi girl.

I am with you,

I thought about that on the plane as I flew over our beautiful Rockies.

So much change for all of us, me, brookie, you!

I will miss my sissa's so much it hurts but somehow this is our path.
and the only comfort right now..we feel its right.

but with that said,

I will remeber the summer of 09 to go down in the history books. I will read my blog to remember thrillin thurs, secret pool days, and sister nights...

AND Stott's will be back,

Good luck with all your change..YOU have soooo much change in your life! Your youngest and your oldest with huge milestones! that is great!

well better be off, ry and I looking a gazillion homes today. and our new church that is like 7 miles away!! what the heck. Oh and gas staions..NON existent. crazy here..it is wide open spaces for sure...

ok, miss the girls, let's play this week when I get back!
sorry for the long comment!! xo

tawny said...

Hey this is Mom from Tawny's computer. I have been a big change person because i feel like my life was not always that great as it was going, so "what the hey"? Maybe a change would be good. What you all have had has been a miracle that I guess is unsustainable, not really meant to be, more like a great mirage. Now real life will intrude again and some will go back to work and some will move and I wonder about myself too. Butfrom my aged advantage, I can say that I have always learned something and been better off as my life as advanced so "no worries" and do not fear,ther Best is always Yet to Be.

Brandon said...

What a great post misty--I have some of those same feelings right now. It is interesting that so many of us in the family have life happening to us.

---as I write this, I am sitting in large room with a couple hundred soldiers in the middle of the night in a country whose name I can't pronounce or spell waiting to fly into a base in Afghanistan. It is a bit surreal.

I wish your family the best in the next few months--keep up the posts and updates!!

love B

Brooke said...

Mist...I never saw this post. I have tears. In the background (of course somehow ironically enough) I have "movin on" by Rascal Flatts playing on the computer.

I'm with you. I've never seen so much change in my life or in our family. But, I've actually never welcomed it...I'm not the adventurous type. I remember the days two years ago when we'd sit around at each others houses with the six pack screaming in the background ssooo loud.

Sometimes I miss those days...I NEVER thought I would! We just wanted some silence and some hours alone with NO kids. It all goes back to that song we listened to yesterday right? "You're gonna miss this."