There are a few things in my life that never change. One of them is the fact that every so often, I do things that I know I shouldn't. Case in point:
On Tuesday, I picked up Cole from Tawny's and he told me he had found the cutest stinkin kitty ever. He begged for it, and I thought, why not? Brian's out of town all week....lets do it. We went and got the cat and bought all the fixins for it as well.
Within 30 minutes of us walking in the door, the phone rang. It was Brian in Chicago.
"I heard you got a cat." Silence. "Wow Misty."
How does he know everything....all the time? He knows EVERY SINGLE MOVE I make.
But that's not the issue. The real question is why did I get the cat in the first place? No! I am seriouly asking? Why, when I knew Brian would ABSOLUTELY hate it and make us get rid of it did I allow it in the first place? I am 37 years old and I am wondering why?
Do I let my impulsiveness take over my common sense? Or do I have some anger issue with Brian because he has so many phobias? Or did I just not think it through?....Brian won't be home for a whole week,....I can totally get away with a cat for a few years?
I honestly don't know why I do stuff like that, but I do know that for 24 hours, my kids were so HAPPY! Cole named her snowflake and the twins carried her around for hours. They kissed her and adored her every move.
However the story ends just how I knew it would. We gave the cat away (thanks Ang) and now we are all sad and resentful of Bri. Hmmmm....not really fair I know, but I still did it, and continue to in my life.
Why?
4 comments:
Oh Misty. The drama that surrounds you. I love to watch it, but it must be exhausting to live it :) Ang came over to post it today on KSL. The kitty made her allergic too.
In answer to your question I think you do things like this because of your impulsiveness mixed with a little adventure and freedom you have in your heart. You are free-spirited and when someone tries to hold that down, you push against it. That is human nature. That is you. We just laugh and love it :)
Yeah, i agree with Brooke. She said it pretty well. What we love about you, Mist, your spontaniety and implusivessness can also be a "weakness" when it threatens to take you over on these few occasions. Sometimes i think that we all want to let the "real us" out of the box sometimes because in a marriage and family we all have to compromise for the "greater good." Once in a while we just want what we want!
(The pic of Trey is so darling!)
I'm so not the person to ask, as you know!! We have a cat, Brandon HATES her, he didn't talk to me for an entire year!!
We made it though, he loves me, and I love Shelby. She has happily made it going on 4 years now.
Yay me!!
By the way...
That is the cutest picture of Trey I have ever seen!! I just love 'im!!
Post a Comment