Friday, June 5, 2009

Trax is 4 today!




Today my babies turned 4.

4 years ago today, I was at St. Marks with B, laughing and crying. We were so unbelievably happy and felt so blessed. We were each of us holding a boy, deciding for sure which one should be Daxton and which should be Treyden. I was recovering from a v and a c-section but could have cared less. They were here! They were healthy and oh so alive.

We considered them to be a gift from God.

It's been a long journey; more than anything of self discovery and finding out who we really are.

Tonight we feel....strangely...sad? But more than anything, maybe we just feel a bit more grown up. We've made it this far, and even though we worry that we're not good parents and that we're somehow gonna mess up big, we're not going to quit.

Our kids are our life. All six of them. B and I are actually doing exactly what we always wanted to do in life. Raise a big family.

But tonight we honor Trax.

We love you boys.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are little miracles, and a gift from God!

We love them so much. They make us laugh, and they make us happy!

Happy Birthday Dax and Trey!! ♥

Brandon said...

Congrats on the milestone. I really don't know how Emily and I could handle more that one at a time and more that 2 or 3 total. I'm impressed.

I guess it only gets easier once they are 4??

Em said...

Congrats to 2 adorable boys and their incredible parents. I've watched you handle so much over the last 4 years- hospitalizations, sleep deprivation, asthma attacks, vandalization of your make-up, potty disasters, destruction of property.....etc. You've handled it all with a great sense of humor and fabulous hair. My mom says twins was the hardest thing ever until age 4, so here's hoping the worst is over!

brie said...

They were so LITTLE! When were they ever that little???

Happy Bday Trax!!

Penny said...

Loved your post and I too, remember those early days and how grateful we were for their safe arrival. What a blessing they are! And you are right, you will never be the same again nor really do you want to be. I believe their turning four is a watershed event in your life! Its all downhill from here! Believe!

tawny said...

omg I want to cry. those are the sweetest pics EVER. I love twins!!! and yours are so so cute. Looking back at the pics it makes you realize how much we love our little punks no matter what they do! so sweet. ahhh where does the time go??

love it.

Brooke said...

It is interesting that the names you picked suit them perfectly. I remember with you guys putting in my two cents worth and Trey just seemed like Trey and etc. Perfect.

Through all the trouble they've caused you over and over and over, they really are so amazingly sweet and we all LOVE them soooo much! You and Bri are amazing parents with endless patience. Don't feel sad...feel glad that the baby poop urinal times are over at the Burger King!